Sunday, February 21, 2010

Christian's still making significant progress.  They switched switched him from Oxycodone (the hard stuff) to Lortab today. I'm all in favor for lowering the dosage and stretching the dose...I just hope it's a enough to keep him out of pain. He's up playing Playstation today--he's had a harder time doing that because he couldn't concentrate with all of the heavy narcotics. 


He's pretty smiley and self sufficient. He's getting around great. His x-ray came back that the lower lobes of his lungs are clear, which they were getting pretty cloudy/milky looking yesterday, so he walked a lot, sat up in the chair and coughed--which as you can imagine does hurt a lot.  He loves the rocking chair.  His feet are puffy and achy from the day's of IV

I didn't expect him home Monday ;) -it's been an amazing experience watching him progress. He pulled open the door to his room earlier today--it's a latch and it's not easy for me all of the time. He opened a bottle of water on his own...all those muscles are hurting and sore and he just pushes through and doesn't let anything hold him back. I had to tell him to slow down when we went walking tonight. I had a hard time keeping up with him he was walking so fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment